[StBernard] Relay for Life of St. Bernard 2013, April 6, 2013 at Torres Park and Kick Off Party Announced

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 8 22:13:34 EST 2013

Relay for Life of St. Bernard 2013, April 6, 2013 at Torres Park and
Kick Off Party Announced

The American Cancer Society is excited to announce the 2nd Annual Relay
for Life since Hurricane Katrina. The date is set and I have been
chosen to be the Team Development Chairperson for Relay for Life of St.
Bernard event to be held on April 6, 2013 at Torres Park from 4:00 pm to
4:00 am. Please save the date. We have a great group of Team Chairs
who are hot and heavy into preparing this wonderful fundraising event.

I am certain that many of you have been affected one way or another by
that evil disease called cancer. I personally have been affected with
the loss of my father two years ago and a sister who is currently
receiving chemo who has a positive outlook. We are here to fight
against this ugly disease and find answers. The only way to do that is
to have your help and get involved. Let's find a cure and get more
people to celebrate birthdays.

A Kick Off Party has been scheduled at Rocky and Carlo's Restaurant for
January 10, 2013 from 6:00 pm to 8:00pm. Everyone who is interested is
invited. You can ask your family, friends or neighbors to join in if
you have a small group or business. We would like to see teams of
10-15. So having more than one team is not out of the question. By
attending this event you will receive information about the Relay along
with incentives that goes along with helping out. Together we call all
make a difference in the fight from cancer. Help save a loved one.

Please contact me for more information. I am really excited about this
year. If anyone attended last year at Torres Park you know it was a
great event. American Cancer Society is planning a bigger comeback and
lots of incentives!

If you are interested in Sponsorships, Luminaria's, signing up or
joining a team, please contact me as soon as possible. I can get you
information that can help get you started. If you decide to create or
join a team, I can drop off a Team Captain Kit at your home or office to
get your team started. You can also go to
www.relayforlife.com/stbernardla<http://www.relayforlife.com/stbernardla> to
sign up right away. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any
questions or concerns at 504-430-8281 cell or my office at 504-278-6468.
Hope to see you at the Kick-Off Party this Thursday!