[StBernard] Tax Foundation: "Governor Jindal's Bold New Tax Plan"

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 14 21:37:36 EST 2013

Dear Friends -

As Governor Jindal continues to work on a tax reform proposal that will
eliminate all personal and corporate income taxes and make Louisiana's
burdensome and complicated tax code simpler, fairer and flatter - economic
experts from around the country are weighing in.

In fact, the nonpartisan and nationally respected Tax Foundation
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0942%7c9390%7c791
501&digest=Pc2thZOrc8FDxWrrFgrChg&sysid=1> referred to the proposal as
"Governor Jindal's Bold New Tax Plan."
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0943%7c9390%7c791
501&digest=Q6mMGPQurQE%2fFx9A9focOg&sysid=1>

According to The Tax Foundation
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c0944%7c9390%7c791
501&digest=aiLqqguUgkEZI29dPmasHQ&sysid=1> , the proposal would move
Louisiana from 32nd to 4th in their national business climate index. This
means that Louisiana would have one of the lowest tax burdens in the country
and would attract more companies that are looking to create jobs.

We look forward to sharing more updates with you in the weeks and months
ahead as we work to simplify Louisiana's tax code, put more money back into
the pockets of Louisiana citizens, and make Louisiana more attractive for
businesses that want to invest and create jobs.

- Team Jindal