[StBernard] 2014 Campaign Starts Now: energy=jobs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 20 05:50:28 EST 2013

energy=jobs

Dear Friend,

<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/7ea8660351cad1f709a895c353d1d650/411546583/r
ealurl=http://youtu.be/ffWE11HX1ok> When we create energy in America, we
create jobs in America. In Louisiana, we know this first hand. The oil and
gas industry alone supports 375,000 jobs in our state.

Recent technological advancements have allowed us to harness our country's
vast natural gas reserves, leading to a manufacturing renaissance. Companies
that were shipping jobs overseas just a few years ago are now bringing them
back home because of the United States' cheap, reliable energy.

I was encouraged to hear President Obama focus on the benefits of natural
gas development in his State of the Union address last week. But talk alone
is not enough. We must take action and fully invest in the vast potential of
oil on land and offshore, especially in Louisiana and along the Gulf Coast.

That's why I have continued to urge the President to approve the Keystone XL
pipeline.
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/7ea8660351cad1f709a895c353d1d650/411546583/r
ealurl=http://youtu.be/ffWE11HX1ok>

Last month, I joined a group of 53 senators in sending a bipartisan letter
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/7ea8660351cad1f709a895c353d1d650/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=news&id=3455> to him pressing this
issue. And last week, I took to the Senate floor to discuss more reasons why
this pipeline is critical for our economic and national security.

Listen to highlights of my remarks on the Senate floor.
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/7ea8660351cad1f709a895c353d1d650/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=news&id=3608>

Canada is going to produce this oil one way or another. The question is: Who
are they going to send it to? Are they going to send it to their good
friend, the United States, to our refineries in Texas and Louisiana? Or are
they going to ship it somewhere else in the world?

For decades, Louisiana has proudly refined oil from onshore, offshore and
from overseas. We are eager to see the Keystone Pipeline approved so we can
start refining more oil from Canada.

We must continue to employ an all-of-the-above energy policy, boosting our
economy and creating millions of jobs here at home. I'm committed to doing
just that.

Keep in touch,

Sen. Landrieu