[StBernard] 2014 Campaign Starts Now: energy=jobs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 20 16:40:39 EST 2013

Could be mistaken, but I thought refiners are trending more to exporting as
domestic demand decreases and the Canadian sandtar oil is a cheaper
feedstock with higher pollution during refining; this bitumen is also
transported with a hazardous additive that is removed before refining. why
would we want this in a state that already lacks state-of-the-art pollution
controls and appropriate setbacks from neighborhoods? St Bernard has enough
pollution. ---- sjk