[StBernard] Michoud Credit Union celebrates the Grand Opening of their Chalmette Branch

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 18 22:06:23 EDT 2013

Michoud Credit Union celebrates the Grand Opening of their Chalmette Branch

Officials from Michoud Credit Union held a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Grand
Opening on Wednesday, April 17th at their newest branch in Chalmette. The
branch, located at 310 W. Judge Perez Drive, is a full service branch, with
a drive-up service lane, as well as a Credit Union Service outlet to service
the needs of current and new MCU members, also guest members from Credit
Union's that belong to the CU Shared Branch network.

Parish President David E. Peralta presented a plaque to CEO Darlene
Moore-Hurst thanking the organization for contributing to the economic
growth of the parish. Also on hand for the grand opening were St. Bernard
Chamber of Commerce Members.

The Chalmette branch is an extension of Michoud Credit Union's main office
located at the NASA/MAF (Michoud Assembly Facility) Old Gentilly Road in
eastern New Orleans for the past 33 years. CEO Darlene Moore-Hurst said
"Michoud Credit Union recognizes the importance of continuing the great
"personalized" service that members have come to expect. Member
satisfaction is our primary focus." "By establishing this full service
branch, the credit union will be able to provide current members and future
members with convenient access to financial services. We are already
hearing very positive feedback from our members on both the location and
branch design."

The Chalmette Branch hours of operation are Lobby Monday thru Friday 9:00
a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon. The Drive thru
hours is Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. For more information contact the Michoud Credit
Union at (504) 278-8810.