[StBernard] April 23, 2013

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 24 23:13:06 EDT 2013

thought this was good!
As our Preacher say "Just Saying"!
________________________________

(I simply cannot resist passing on a note I received from my
step-third cousin-in-law David today...not trying to be funny, I'll give it
to you the way he sent it to me. It is titled MARRIAGE and MARIJUANA:
"For those who haven't heard, Washington State just passed both laws
- allowing gay marriage and legalizing marijuana.
The fact that gay marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same
day makes perfect Biblical sense, because Leviticus 20:13 says: "If a man
lies with another man they should be stoned." We just hadn't interpreted it
correctly before!

Laying all seriousness aside, it's coming to your town and
mine! We used to say, "If somebody doesn't do something, such and such is
going to happen." The big news: Nobody is going to do anything because
most folks think we're still wrestling against flesh and blood. Not so! I
know a lot of wonderful Christian people in Washington and Oregon. And they
put up a whale of a fight. But let's face it, the world is not, and will
not, get better. If Scripture is true, and it is, we are on a downward
spiral where even the righteous will be sorely tested and tried. Our prayer
should not be, "Lord, stop this mess", but "Lord, take us out of this mess."
I know, I know, I know there is a better place awaiting. HE told me so.

Charlie Hinson