[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish sheriff's son booked with burglary

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 22 21:52:35 EDT 2013

St. Bernard Parish sheriff's son booked with burglary
Print Benjamin Alexander-Bloch, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune By Benjamin
Alexander-Bloch, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on August 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM, updated August 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM

St. Bernard Parish Sheriff Jimmy Pohlmann's son, Justin Pohlmann, 28, was
arrested on Thursday by St. Bernard sheriff's detectives on a warrant
alleging one count of burglary and two count of misdemeanor theft from a
Chalmette residence and garage, according to the St. Bernard Parish
Sheriff's Office.

Justin Pohlmann, of Chalmette, was booked into St. Bernard Parish Prison
after surrendering Thursday on the arrest warrant signed by a district
judge.

"Like all too many parents, I have a child who has gotten into trouble with
the law,'' Pohlmann said in a statement. "My son, Justin, has a substance
abuse problem which has returned.''

Pohlmann added that much of the property crimes that occurs today in the
parish is a result of people who have substance abuse problem and steal to
get money to continue using.

"That is not an excuse for criminal behavior,'' Pohlmann said, "but it is a
realization I have come to. I love Justin and will continue to support him
and make sure he gets the treatment he needs.''

"I would request privacy for my family during these troubling times and
allow the criminal justice system to run its course,'' the sheriff said.