[StBernard] No Washington Exemption from Obamacare

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 13 10:25:14 EDT 2013

Team,

I don’t know anyone who thinks Congress and Washington bureaucrats deserve an exemption from the Obamacare train wreck. But believe it or not, that’s exactly what I’m fighting right now in the U.S. Senate. Currently, unless we make a change, Washington will get a special exemption from Obamacare and a special subsidy that no other American gets.

We need to say NO to a Washington exemption. It’s outrageous for lawmakers and congressional staffers to not have to participate in the Obamacare law that Congress and President Barack Obama created.

I’m currently in the middle of a battle on the U.S. Senate floor against my colleagues, some of whom clearly want to keep that exemption, and keep that special subsidy. I could use your support.

Join me on Facebook <http://www.2dialog.com/vitter/t/l/962/h/8bf0> , and on Twitter <http://www.2dialog.com/vitter/t/l/963/h/8bf0> in speaking out to other U.S. Senators and tell them: If Obamacare is good enough for us – the American people; it’s got to be good enough for you.

Like you, I want to outright repeal Obamacare, or at least defund it, or at a minimum delay it. But in the Harry Reid Senate, they’ll do anything to defend Obamacare. But, we can tell them: if they’re willing to defend Obamacare, then then certainly need to agree to my legislation that says no Washington exemption.

I really appreciate your support,
David