[StBernard] AP Story: Sean Payton Named In Paternity Suit

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 13 10:27:05 EDT 2013

NEWSFLASH

Sean Payton Named In Paternity Suit

from AP

A paternity suit was brought to New Orleans Civil District Court Monday
morning that named Sean Payton as the defendant. The suit, which is a class
action case filed by the city of Atlanta, accuses Sean Payton of
illegitimate parentage over the Falcons organization.

Since taking over the Saints in 2006, Payton has compiled a 12-3 record
against the Falcons, leading to speculation that he was indeed the Falcons'
'daddy'. Payton denies the claims, and says the rumors were started several
years ago as his parental influence over the organization became apparent.

"Obviously there is a great deal of confusion in this case," said Payton. "I
have definitely lorded over them, scolded them, punished them, and
occasionally beat them like a red-headed stepchild when they have disobeyed
me in my house, but does this suit have merit? Definitely not."

This past Sunday, just one day before the suit was officially filed, the
rumor mill began churning once again as Payton publicly spanked the Falcons
in front of a sold out Super Dome crowd for what he deemed as being
'disobedient'.

"Like I said," chided Payton. "My house, my rules. And that is not for just
the Falcons. Here, everyone calls me daddy!"

It remains to be seen how this suit will play out in court.