[StBernard] Backwards and upside down

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 21 08:41:11 EDT 2013

19 Sept. 13

<http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/images/nl-date-shadow.gif>

Backwards and upside down

Dear Friend,

Backward and upside down. That's how the Biggert-Waters flood reform bill
was written. For more than a year now, the Louisiana delegation has been
united in our fight to delay these draconian rate hikes, fix the law and
make flood insurance affordable again. During a Senate hearing yesterday, in
the same committee where the law originated, we saw this issue become
national.

Senators from inland states - like North Dakota, Montana and Nevada - spoke
about the disastrous impacts this law is having on the communities they
represent and the urgent need to protect homeowners and businesses
struggling to maintain their flood insurance.

Keeps the support growing by signing and sharing this petition with friends,
family and neighbors. We have to keep this momentum going.
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/3786acac2b77685aa1b6734c81d8b382/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=form&id=7>

The original law authorized immediate rate increases on homeowners and
businesses that played by the rules and did everything asked of them, before
even beginning to study the impacts these rate increases would have on
affordability and access to flood insurance. This bill put the cart before
the horse, and Congress needs to do its job and make it right.

The Louisiana delegation is united to this effort to make flood insurance
affordable, but we cannot do it alone.

Sign and share this petition with friends, family and neighbors to build
more support.
<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/3786acac2b77685aa1b6734c81d8b382/411546583/r
ealurl=http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=form&id=7>

Affordable flood insurance is not just a Louisiana issue, it is a national
issue. I'm encouraged that support in the Senate is growing, and with your
help we will make flood insurance affordable for families and businesses
that live and work along our country's coasts and inland waterways.

<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/3786acac2b77685aa1b6734c81d8b382/411546583/r
ealurl=>

<http://ct.symplicity.com/t/lan/3786acac2b77685aa1b6734c81d8b382/411546583/r
ealurl=>