[StBernard] Jindal Weekly Update

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 14 09:07:19 EDT 2013

Jindal Weekly Update

This week, Governor Jindal continued to highlight the conservative reforms
happening in Republican-led states, which are in contrast to the dysfunction
in Washington, D.C. Governor Jindal also announced a major economic
development win for Louisiana with the news that a manufacturing company is
moving its headquarters from Texas to Louisiana.

Here Is A Quick Recap Of The News About The Governor's Week:

<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2457%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=ocVc2pg3L0XW5GBfDynJsA&sysid=1>
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2458%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=DM8FPmZRS57Uf%2f6rX0ijZw&sysid=1> Governor Jindal Discussed
Conservative Policies
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2459%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=e7Ggz2tXIp7iToa0%2b4Y9CQ&sysid=1> That Are Working In The States
And Said He Was Going To Work To Not Let The Dysfunction In Washington D.C.
Define The Republican Party. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said Tuesday it's
time for Republican governors to take back the party's messaging from
Washington, saying the states are where the real action is. The Republican
Governors Association chairman said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that's the goal
of the group's new project, the American Comeback Initiative. "We've got 30
Republican governors. We said we're going to stop outsourcing our brand to
Washington, D.C., because if you want to see conservative ideas being
applied, it's not happening in D.C., it is happening in our state capitals,"
Jindal said. Jindal said state governors are making progress that citizens
can actually see, and that's why Republican governors are doing well even in
Democratic states.

Governor Jindal Placed The Blame For The Government Shutdown
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2450%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=t%2fJAvD5V9gc3k2M1V%2fT0zQ&sysid=1> On President Obama Who Is Not
Showing Leadership Or Negotiating With Republicans. "Like every other
American, we're all frustrated with what's going on in D.C.," he said.
"You've got a House that's only passed five appropriations bills, a Senate
that hasn't passed any. You've got a Senate that does one budget bill
approximately every five years. That's not leadership." Jindal places much
of the blame for the ongoing government shutdown on President Obama for his
refusal to come to the negotiating table over funding his health care law.
"Do I have a problem with the government shutting down? Absolutely," Jindal
said. "We don't see leadership out of the White House. . He [Obama] has time
to golf, he has time to negotiate with the Iranians, doesn't have time to
negotiate and talk to the Congressional leadership, doesn't have time to
find common ground. That's what real leaders do."

Governor Jindal Spoke To National Review
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2451%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=Tyqs3E2iQDoZILp%2f9pBqBQ&sysid=1> About Health Care Reform In
Louisiana In Contrast With The Dysfunction Of Obamacare. Jindal has an
alternative: Louisiana's own modified Medicaid program, BayouHealth, which
uses private managed-care plans . Jindal went on a mission to privatize the
state-owned hospitals.and was ultimately successful. "Here we are today. . .
. Of the ten, we are putting nine in public-private partnerships by the end
of the fiscal year. Five are already done," he said. "At the end you're
going to save taxpayers over $125 million, at least, per year; . and you're
delivering better health care."

The Governor Wrote A Series Of Columns
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2452%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=Gn9B3DoWhxZxvKU8PhHx9Q&sysid=1> For Different Regions Of
Louisiana Outlining The Economic Resurgence That Is Occurring In All Corners
Of The State. To ensure that we weathered the recession better than other
states, we set out to improve Louisiana's business climate so companies
would want to invest here and create jobs for our people. We immediately got
to work on overhauling ethics laws, cutting taxes, revamping our workforce
development programs and reforming our education system so that we could
create a competitive business climate. Thanks to these reforms, Louisiana
now ranks higher in every national business-climate ranking than it ever did
prior to 2008, and tens of thousands of job opportunities are being created
in Louisiana so that our people don't have to leave home to pursue their
dreams.

Governor Jindal Announced
<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2453%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=GiBUhG%2b%2belHHAHOf4ljzGg&sysid=1> That A Liquid Level Gauge
Manufacturer Will Be Moving Its Headquarters From Houston To Baton Rouge
Representing A Major Economic Development Win For Louisiana. In the economic
development competition between Louisiana and Texas, score one for the home
team. Jogler, a company that makes liquid level gauges, is relocating its
headquarters from Houston to Baton Rouge, Gov. Bobby Jindal and company
officials announced Friday. The move will bring 60 new jobs to the state
with an average salary of $59,300. The company is bringing both its liquid
level gauge manufacturing and headquarters facility to Baton Rouge, with an
investment of $1.1 million.

<http://click.bsftransmit7.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c2454%7c9390%7c930
16&digest=e329tVmdklR410kHkIoAbQ&sysid=1>