[StBernard] Overnight closure for I-10 East at Clearview for truss and message sign installation

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 30 21:08:47 EDT 2013

Overnight closure for I-10 East at Clearview for truss and message sign
installation

New Orleans, LA - The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
(DOTD) announces that Interstate 10 East at Clearview Parkway will be
completely closed to through traffic on Sunday, November 3, from 9 p.m. to 5
a.m. Monday, November 4. The eastbound entrance and exit ramps from
Clearview northbound and southbound will be closed.

During the closure, a new truss and an electronic message sign will be
erected as part of the Core ITS project, a $7.1 million endeavor to upgrade
communications equipment for traffic operations improvements, incident
management and congestion management. The project began in December 2012 and
is expected to be completed in December 2013.

Motorists may detour around the closure via southbound Clearview Pkwy to
eastbound U.S. 61 (Airline Dr.) back to I-10 East; or continue on northbound
Clearview to eastbound Veterans and re-enter I-10 East at Causeway or
Bonnabel Boulevards.

The interstate will reopen once equipment has been installed and secured in
place, if completed prior to the closure deadline.

-30-