[StBernard] Jambalaya Cook-off - Saturday, November 2nd

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 30 19:27:19 EDT 2013

The second annual St. Bernard Parish Jambalaya Cook-Off will be held in
conjunction with the Southern Food & Beverage Museum "Calling It Home
Festival" on November 2nd. The cook-off will be held on the first day of
the two day festival with all proceeds taken in from 11 am to 2 pm going to
St. Bernard United Way agencies: Arc-St. Bernard, Community Center of St.
Bernard, Family Services-St. Bernard, and the St. Bernard Battered Women's
Program.

Cook Teams of up to four persons will compete to be named "Best Jambalaya in
St. Bernard Parish".

With less than a week away, the rivalry amongst cook teams has intensified.

Last year's winning team from Valero says, "Valero has set the standard for
the best jambalaya in St. Bernard Parish. The gold paddle will be on display
at this year's cook-off so everyone will know we are the best."

Rain CII"s second place team responded, "Display it well, it will be the
only gold paddle you will have. The rest should cook popcorn, cause Rain is
going to put on a Jambalaya cooking show."

A new entrant this year, Team Nunez Community College says, "We don't talk
trash we just Do!"

Chalmette Refining's Team, People's Choice Award Winner from 2012, retorted,
"The people have spoken and Chalmette Refining's jambalaya is the best!"