[StBernard] Knights of Columbus and Operation Merry Christmas Announce Toy Give Away

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 26 22:40:54 EST 2013

Knights of Columbus and Operation Merry Christmas Toy Give Away to be
Sunday, December 15th at 1 pm at the Sigur Center
The distribution in the Grand Ballroom will include gifts for newborns to
children age 12.

The Knights of Columbus Council #5747 Chalmette and Operation Merry
Christmas will hold its annual Christmas gift give-away Sunday, December
15th at 1 pm at the Sigur Civic Center Grand Ballroom, 8245 W. Judge Perez
Drive, Chalmette.  All St. Bernard Children from newborns to Age 12 are
invited to attend and pick out a toy.

 "It's that Christmas Season that ignites Knights of Columbus #5747 to gear
up rapidly for this year’s Christmas Gift give-away known as A Knight’s
Gift," announces Chairman Cisco Gonzales.

 He further commented that his members stated, "We're lit up and ready to
put a smile on all children's faces regardless of economic stymies. We
expect a large crowd due to the blow to the economy and rise in unemployment
and we are prepared." Children can pick out their own toy.

 A Knight’s Gift – a give-away of toys and dolls – is sponsored by Knights
of Columbus Council #5747 Chalmette with proceeds from the group’s Louisiana
Crawfish Festival. The distribution in the Grand Ballroom will include gifts
for newborns to children age 12.