[StBernard] Nunez College breaks ground on a New Administration Building

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 11 22:43:32 EST 2013

Nunez Community College breaks ground on a for New Administration Building

Nunez Community College held a groundbreaking ceremony for construction of
the new administration building. The new building will replace the
administration building destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

The ceremony recently was held on the College’s campus at 3710 Paris Road in
Chalmette. The chancellor of Nunez Community College, Dr. Thomas R. Warner,
was joined by Dr. Joe May, president of the Louisiana Community and
Technical College System (LCTCS); Woody Ogé, First Vice Chair of the LCTCS
Board of Supervisors; senators A.G. Crowe (District 1) and Jean-Paul “JP”
Morrell (District 3); members of the Foundation Board of Nunez Community
College; and Nunez students, faculty, staff, and friends.

Construction is currently underway, and the building is slated for opening
in late 2014.

Though the celebration was to honor the symbolic birth of “bricks and
mortar”, Nunez Chancellor, Dr. Thomas Warner, said “It’s about the people;
what we do with this building should support our students and our
community.”