[StBernard] DEQ and noise enforcement

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 11 10:05:40 EST 2013

Residents should not be exposed to occupational levels of anything --
chemicals or noise

Noise limits in Jefferson Parish are more protective than in St Bernard
Parish, yet St Bernard residents are still exposed to harmful noise levels.
We lack an effective enforcement mechanism.

Fortunately, this issue is under consideration with discussions including
how officials will respond to calls for industrial noise violations and
nuisance. Industry should be held accountable. IMO, if St Bernard Parish
continues to do nothing about the excessive noise, the Parish is further
liable for our hearing loss. ( -- SJK) You can take action to improve our
quality of life.

Document the offsite effects.

File an online report with either LDEQ or the Louisiana bucket brigade and
request a followup. Technology is available to reduce pollution but
industry wont install it unless forced to. Report odors, flaring, noise and
other concerns.

LDEQ: Call 866-896-LDEQ or SPOC at la.gov or go to
http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/apps/forms/irf/forms/
<http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/apps/forms/irf/forms/>

Louisiana bucket brigade: : (Text) 5042727645 email
report at labucketbrigade.org or make an online report
http://oilspill.labucketbrigade.org/reports/submit