[StBernard] Liberals, Democrats are Hypocrites - article

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 12 14:10:44 EST 2014

Below is a recent article taken from the website of Bernie Goldberg who is
often seen on Bill O'Reilly's show. Bernie posted on his website this
editorial by Los Angeles Times commentator Burt Prelutsky. It's a good
read, especially when it comes to pointing out the hypocrisy of liberals and
Democrats in general.

I keep hearing from older Americans that the best thing about getting closer
to the end is that they got to live most of their lives in an earlier and
much better version of America.

A lot of that can be attributed to having lived during a time when you could
trust what you read in newspapers so long as you discounted what ran on the
editorial page. These days, just about every page reads like an editorial
dictated by Barack Obama to his favorite ghostwriter, William Ayers.

One example of journalistic bias can be found in the way that the media
covered the war in Afghanistan when Bush was the president and the way
they've covered it since 2009 when Obama moved into the Oval Office. Over
the course of seven Bush years, 575 American soldiers were killed in that
war, and another 3,000 were wounded. Under Obama, the numbers soared to
nearly 1,500 dead and 15,000 wounded. But if you judged by the coverage the
war has received, you would imagine those numbers were reversed.

I still recall that when the war in Iraq was going strong, Garry Trudeau
would occasionally devote an entire Sunday strip of "Doonesbury" to listing
the names of the fallen warriors. Evidently, when they die with a Democrat
in the White House, they don't matter quite as much.

Something I can't get my head around is how quickly public opinion can make
a U-turn. Take gun laws. In December, 2012, 57% of those polled wanted them
made stricter. In March of this year,, the number dropped to 47%. I am
certainly not arguing for more legislation, but how it is that 10% of the
people can do a complete reversal in three months? I mean, even the likes of
Obama and the Clintons didn't have the gall to switch their stance on
same-sex marriages quite that quickly. Instead, they evolved, which is
political-speak for checking which way the wind's blowing.

Speaking of guns, the Second Amendment distinctly states that the federal
government will do nothing to infringe on the rights of the people to own
them. Clearly, when the government passed Dianne Feinstein's ban on assault
rifles in the 1990s, it was definitely infringing. But, then, ever since
Lincoln decided to ignore writs of habeas corpus, politicians, as well as
Supreme Court justices, have increasingly come to regard the Constitution as
nothing more than a list of suggestions.

Sen. Feinstein, who certainly has earned her place among the most
hypocritical members of the U.S. Senate, last year insisted she would get to
the bottom of the scandal that saw this administration passing along
security secrets to the NY Times.until she realized it could only be Barack
Obama or one of his flunkies.

In a somewhat related matter, Richard Blum's firm was recently assigned the
task of selling off 56 buildings housing post offices, meaning millions of
dollars in commissions. In case his name doesn't ring a bell, Dianne
Feinstein is Mrs. Richard Blum. (Have you noticed there's never an assault
rifle around when you really need one?)

One of my readers, Randall Slafsky, called my attention to an article in the
Washington Post. It stated that the Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs and
glaciers are disappearing and in some places, the seals are finding the
water too hot for their usual activities.

It went on to report that no white fish are being found in the eastern
Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before
ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing
grounds. Moreover, within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice
melt, the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

The AP news story actually ran in the Post on November 2, 1922. Who would
have ever guessed Al Gore was that old?

Apparently, I'm not the only person who has noticed that liberals are
constantly giving new meaning to the word "hypocrisy."

Cartoonist Dixon Diaz pointed out in his takeoff on "Peanuts" that liberals
oppose people having the right to smoke; drink large sodas; eat cookies; use
gas, oil and coal; celebrate Easter and Christmas; use incandescent bulbs;
or own guns. The only area in which they're truly pro-choice is when it
comes to abortions.

In another strip, he had his version of Lucy telling Linus that he and his
fellow conservatives are racist, sexist, homophobic, gun-toting, religious
fanatics. When Linus points out that she and her fellow liberals support
Muslims, who are racist, sexist, homophobic, gun-toting, religious fanatics,
she replies, "That's their culture. You have no right to judge them."

To which I and most conservatives can only say, quoting that eminent
philosopher, Charlie Brown, "Good grief!"