[StBernard] Another Property Tax increase

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 21 08:06:36 EST 2014

Because the chances of "sneaking through" another tax increase will be
reduced. Look at what was done last for the last property tax increase for
the Sherriff's office.

It was held when there was nothing else on the ballot, not a sign anywhere
in the parish, nothing in the newspaper etc. It was planned as a way to put
one over on the people. The game is to keep the people as uninformed as
possible.

Why not have an amendment proposed to the parish charter that states all
elections before the voters to address any property, sales tax or fees of
any kind must be in a state or federal general election that is typically
held in certain years during October or November.