[StBernard] AUCTION OF 135± OF PROPERTIES IN ABSOLUTE AUCTION ON BEHALF OF ST. BERNARD PARISH

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 24 10:14:36 EDT 2014

AUCTION OF 135± OF PROPERTIES IN ABSOLUTE AUCTION ON BEHALF OF ST. BERNARD
PARISH

On Saturday, April 12, 2014, the St. Bernard Parish Government (SBPG) held a
successful sale of 135± structures and vacant lots, in an Absolute Auction
event that is the first of what will be an on-going series of auction
programs. All buyers walked out with fully executed contracts and all
closings are scheduled to occur within 30 days. SBPG, represented by Kevin
Reichert, Raymond Doran and Cliff Zeairs, partnered with AmeriBid,
represented by Steven Mathis, Auctioneer, and Louisiana Real Estate Broker
Paul A. Lynn, CCIM, for a public auction of former LLT properties. Over 500
people were in attendance at the Arabi Elementary School Gymnasium for what
is the first in a series of auctions for the sale of former Louisiana Land
Trust properties that are now owned and managed by SBPG.

"This shows you how excited people are about returning to St. Bernard. This
is unbelievable for us," said Parish President David Peralta. "Our goal was
to see lots sell anywhere from $2,000 maybe $3,000. We just had one lot go
for $20,000. It shows people's interest in coming back to St. Bernard."

“I’m pleased to continue our partnership with SBPG through these Absolute
Auction programs; these auction events are a very effective, transparent
process, in finding today’s true market value for this diverse group of
properties” comments Paul A. Lynn, CCIM, Regional Director and LA Real
Estate Broker with AmeriBid LLC.

The auction team was led by Steven Mathis, Louisiana Auctioneer and Fernando
Palacios, Regional Director and Broker. Hundreds of buyers competed for
properties located throughout St. Bernard Parish. The properties were
obtained through the LLT and Road Homes Programs, established for rebuilding
Louisiana Parishes following various past hurricanes. This auction included
8 structures that seemed to be in high demand for redevelopment. There was
also great strength shown for development lots, located in the various
communities throughout St. Bernard Parish. Auction participants included
first time home owners, young buyers wishing to build their “dream home,”
developers, builders, investors and many others interested in the ongoing
efforts of rebuilding St. Bernard Parish. Buyers are required to build or
rehabilitate the structures properties within one year, in accordance with
all required building ordinances and codes. Additional auctions are planned
throughout 2014 and 2015.