[StBernard] Council members call on Peralta to resign

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 25 09:38:08 EDT 2014

Did I read correctly that Peralta was never called to provide testimony to
the Grand Jury? If that is correct, then I am thinking how could they have
performed a thorough hearing without having heard testimony from the other
side. That would mean they primarily based their indictment on the
testimony of Sharon Peralta, who everyone by now has come to recognize that
she is somewhat unbalanced, to put it kindly. I recall in the first few
days after her initial complaint there were several claims she make about
Peralta that were proven to be false and inconsistent. Based on that this
now has me really confused if Peralta was not given the chance to provide
testimony to the Grand Jury. Even with the indictment, I have a strange
feeling this is going to get nowhere with a trial jury. In no way am I
trying to defend Dave Peralta, but this is all very convoluted. I think a
trial jury will see that and render a not guilty verdict.