[StBernard] So much for "social justice" - Quote of the Day

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 22 09:08:45 EDT 2014

For all those progressives out there who preach "social justice" without
even knowing what they are really preaching about, read this quote:

"What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the
beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the
mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the
tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are
early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or
fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they
will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own
legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own
legs! Let him alone!

-Frederick Douglass (former slave during the Civil War turned statesman)