[StBernard] NEW SS CHECKS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 16 20:47:19 EDT 2014

 CHECKS
Did you know this?  I certainly did not.  Once  again, our beloved
Congressmen are playing fast and loose  with vernacular.  What motive
did they have for  changing  the name of our Social Security?
 I'm sure they have a plan, and it won't be to our  betterment.

  SS CHECKS!   Here we go.

  JUST REALIZED THAT WITH REQUIRED AUTO DEPOSIT, YOU NEVER  GET TO SEE
THE CHECK....ALERT EVERYONE YOU
  KNOW. THIS AFFECTS ALL OF US.

  SOCIAL SECURITY becomes FEDERAL BENEFIT CHECK

  Have you noticed, the Social Security check is now (or soon  will be)
referred to as a  "Federal Benefit  Payment"?

  I'll be part of the one percent to forward this.  I am forwarding it
because it touches a nerve in me, and I  hope it will in you.

  Please keep passing it on until everyone in our country  has  read
it.

  The government is now referring to our Social Security  checks as a
"Federal Benefit Payment  ".   This isn't a benefit.  It is  our money
paid out of our earned income!  Not only did  we all contribute to
Social Security but our employers did  too.  It totaled 15% of our
income before taxes .

  If you averaged $30K per year over your working life,  that's close
to $180,000 Invested in Social Security.

  If you calculate the future value of your monthly  investment in
social
  security( $375/month, including both you and your employers
 contributions) at a meager 1% Interest  rate compounded  monthly,
after  40 years of working you'd have more  than $1.3+ million dollars
saved!

  This is your personal investment.  Upon retirement, if  you took out
only 3% per year, you'd receive $39,318 per  year, or $3,277 per month.

  That's almost three times more than today's average  Social Security
benefit of $1,230 per month, according to  the Social Security
Administration. (Google it – it’s a  fact).

  And your retirement fund would last more than 33 years  (until you're
98 if you retire at age 65)! I can only  imagine how much better most
average-income people could  live in retirement if our government  had
just invested  our money in low-risk interest-earning accounts.

  Instead, the folks in Washington pulled off a bigger Ponzi  scheme
than Bernie Madoff ever did.

  They took our
  money and used it elsewhere. They forgot (oh yes, they
 knew) that it was OUR money they were taking.  They  didn't have a
referendum to ask us if we wanted to lend  the money to them.  And they
didn't pay interest on  the debt they assumed.  And recently they've
told  us that the money won't support us for very much  longer.  (Isn't
it funny that they NEVER say this  about  welfare payments?)

  But is it our fault they misused our investments?  And  now, to add
insult to injury, they're calling it a  benefit, as if we never worked
to earn every penny of it.

  Just because they borrowed the money doesn't mean that  our
investments were a charity!

  Let's take a stand.  We have earned our right to  Social Security and
Medicare.  Demand that our  legislators bring some sense into our
government.

  Find a way to keep Social Security and Medicare going for  the sake
of that 92% of our population who
  need it.

  *Then call it what it is: Our Earned Retirement Income. *

  99% of people won't forward this.  Will  you?