[StBernard] Medicare packages

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 3 18:11:01 EDT 2016

Item 1 and 2 .

Hospital  does not give discounts. Happened several years ago that these insurance companies did not write St. Bernard. Jdolese

 Why does Humana and Peoples Health not offer St. Bernard  parish Medicare package that all other south La. parishes  have ?

 Message: 2
Would also like to know why BlueCross has such limited  options for people (under 65) in St Bernard who purchase as  individuals?

 The rep from BlueCross had a list of other options if we  lived in Jefferson or Orleans.  One option was an  Ochsner Blue Cross option, which was much more  affordable.

 IF Ochsner becomes involved in the St Bernard Parish  Hospital, will we have more health care options?