Talbert Pipes- Catalog updates

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Nov 18 16:55:30 EST 2004

Hello all!  This is a notice for the folks on my mailing list that a few new
pipes are posted.  There are two new Talbert Briar sandblasts and two new
Talbert Morta sandblasts.  I hope to email again in the next few days with
news of the first Ligne Bretagne Yule pipe pics.  The Yule pipes will again
be sold through Pipe & Pint in the US, though I may keep a couple of them
here if there is any EU interest.

In other news, I've taken some measures in concert with Pair networks to
guard the mailing list against future virus attacks like the one that
happened recently.  Let's all cross our fingers!  Also, according to BBC
today the dollar has yet again hit a new record low against the euro, with
further significant falling expected.  I can recall back in 200 when the
dollar first began to drop, a number of collectors I spoke with believed it
was just a temporary flux, and planned to hold off on buying European pipes
for a few months until the currencies came back into closer parity.  Now,
two years later, there are probably a lot of folks who wish the dollar was
at $1.10 to a euro again!  It's unlikely that the US deficits will be
improving any time soon, so the situation will probably continue and likely
get a good bit worse before it gets better.  I can certainly offer my
sympathies to US collectors who have watched their favorite European pipes
increase in cost by a third.  If it's any consolation, no one on this side
of the pond is happy about it either, and I expect a lot of EU pipemakers
are seeing a big business challenge in this, given the size of the US
market.  Unfortunately, my best advice today is to buy quickly if you see a
European pipe that you like, because it almost certainly won't get any
cheaper as the next couple of years progress...

Thanks for your time!
Happy smoking,
Trever Talbert
http://www.talbertpipes.com