Talbert Pipes- Website update and Private Auction

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Sun Feb 27 14:54:51 EST 2005

Hello to everyone on our mailing list!  This is a short notice to announce
that I've just posted two new Talbert Briars to the site and four new morta
Classics.  Both briars are sandblasts, and one is quite immense (Jeff should
be thinking 'Arbourg' here) though it is also very practical for its size.
The briars can be seen here:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalogblasts.shtml
and the mortas here:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/mortacatalogsmooth.shtml
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/mortacatalogblasts.shtml

Next up should be some Ligne Bretagnes, finally, and then shortly afterward
some more Talbert Briars (I'm trying to schedule my work so I can work on
LBs while the Talbert Briar stummels are boiling and drying).

There is another item that may be of major interest to some, or not at all
to others, I really don't know.  For years now I have been smoking a
reject/tester morta pipe that a great many people have tried to buy from me,
but I've been too attached to it to sell.  This is a semi-"famous" piece,
having been pictured prominently in both the P&T article about me and also
the pipe book "Cachimbos".  It is also, as I said, a flawed reject piece, so
I really don't know what to price it for and simply chose to make it an
auction and see if anyone would bid.  This way, the collectors themselves
can decide if they believe it has any value as a collectible and bid
accordingly (or not).  The "story" page tells a lot more about the pipe and
about why it is now for sale, but the basic reason for offering it now is
that Em and I have the opportunity to buy a little satellite dish relatively
cheaply (we are both pining for BBC just to be able to watch the news in
English after three years), but not the cash (we also have several *real*
expenses now, including various insurances and our next big order of leather
pipe bags).  So, we decided that I could post this pipe and see if it sold -
if so, we'll treat ourselves to a non-essential purchase that will be fun
(and the new Doctor Who will be premiering on BBC soon!), and if not, it's
no loss and I'll just keep the pipe and probably make it a gift to someone
in years to come.  You can see the pipe's story page here, and it links to
the picture & spec page:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/morta-auctionpipe.html
Anyone interested in bidding should email me their bid and I'll update the
current bid on the site.
Thanks for your time and interest!
Happy smoking,
Trever Talbert