Talbert Pipes- Tiny news

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Mon Apr 4 15:28:38 EDT 2005

Hello to everyone on our mailing list!  This is just a quick note to let
everyone know that we've just shipped our entire stock of Ligne Bretagne
pipes, as well as one bamboo-shanked Talbert Briar, over to Pipe & Pint in
the US.  All the pipes are visible in our website catalogs and are marked
with "En Route to Pipe & Pint".  If you see something you're interested in,
give Larry a call at (336) 218-8610 and he can handle any reservations,
requests, etc.  All the original euro prices have been converted to
comparable dollar prices based on today's exchange rate.

For myself, there are three bits of news-

First, the daughter of some very good friends here in Herbignac was recently
in a bad car accident, and is in a coma.  This badly damaged their only car,
so we have been helping out when possible with errands, car loan, etc.  This
made last week a little more chaotic than normal.  If you try to phone us
and don't get an answer for a whole day, please be patient and keep trying -
we're probably just out.

Secondly, fortune smiled on me and I do not have to sell my M-grade
churchwarden after all, so it WON'T be going up for auction on the site...
at least not any time soon, I hope!

Thirdly, I am currently working on 11 new Talbert Briars and 4 new
Signature-grade Talbert Mortas, which will gradually be posted over the next
several weeks.  Also coming soon are some examples of a whole new
Classic-grade morta, with bamboo shanks.

Finally, it seems the odds are good that there will be a European pipe show
in Paris this September.  If all goes well, this will finally be a show that
I KNOW I can attend, and I will announce news as things are more firmly
nailed down.  I hope to see some of you there.
Thanks for your time!
Happy smoking,
Trever Talbert
http://www.talbertpipes.com