Talbert Pipes- New Stubbie plus opinion inquiry

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Sat Sep 2 11:14:39 EDT 2006

Hey all, I've just posted a couple of pipes and am looking for thoughts
& preferences on the idea of unfinished pipes. You can see the Ligne
Bretagne acorn that's currently for sale (in unfinished state) here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/ppod.html

I should probably clarify that when I say "unfinished", I mean lacking
any sort of wax or shellac finish - it's just bare wood, tan in color
rather than the usual more golden tone that folks are accustomed to...
NOT incomplete! They're fully "completed" pipes, just sans wax.
For some older photos of a couple of unfinished Talberts (both long
sold), check here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/2006/08/naked-pipe.html

That entry also details my full thoughts pro and con regarding leaving a
pipe unfinished. However, I'm aware that there are those in the
collecting community who enjoy and even prefer pipes that are totally
unfinished.

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on this. Would you buy an
unfinished pipe? Would you actually prefer an unfinished pipe? The
Talberts got snapped up fast, but I'm curious to know if folks in the
Ligne Bretagne price range are equally interested (BEFORE I send poor
Larry of box of these things that might sit unsold in his shop for
months...) Please leave me a comment on the blog articles, or reply
here - I'm curious.

In other news, I did finally manage to finish up another new Talbert
while working around the FdP pipes, and it's on the blog page also, down
at the bottom. It's another of the "stubbies", a set of thick, fat,
workhorse-oriented pipes that I've been doing lately. It's earmarked to
go to Pipe & Pint next week, but if anyone wants to buy it direct, let
me know in the next couple of days.

Thanks for your time!
http://www.talbertpipes.com

Visit my "American Pipemaker in Brittany" blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/potm.html

See my "Pipe Pic of the Day" blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/ppod.html