Talbert Pipes- Two new Talberts and a blog post on classical shapes

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Sun Mar 18 16:49:17 EDT 2007

Hello mailing list people!
Following quickly on the heels on last week's initiative to get more
pipe into the website catalog this year, I've just posted two new pipes,
a HUGE Talbert Morta Signature grade freehand, and a smooth Talbert
Briar straight billiard in natural finish. Yep, unstained AND smooth...
wonders never cease! The Talbert billiard can be seen here:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalogsmooths.shtml

And the big Talbert Morta can be seen here:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/mortacatalogsmooth.shtml

I hypothesized that all the time I've spent lately listening to the
Baroque channel on Iceberg Net Radio was the genesis of the billiard,
but whatever the reason, it spurred me to write an entire blog entry on
classical shapes in modern high grade pipe collecting... and why they
seem to be fading from view in favor of fancier freehands. I also
ramble a bit about the use of the Golden Ratio in pipe design, so
there's something for everyone to argue about. Read the latest entry here:

http://www.talbertpipes.com/ppod.html

Thanks for your time!

http://www.talbertpipes.com

Visit my "American Pipemaker in Brittany" blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/potm.html

See my "Pipe Pic of the Day" blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/ppod.html