Talbert Pipes- New Talbert Briars and a Morta

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri Apr 13 14:46:02 EDT 2007

Bonjour to everyone on the mailing list! This is a notice that I've
just posted some new pipes to the website. There are four Talbert
Briars available now, including a stunning new grade 4 sandblast and a
very funky Signature piece. All the Talberts can be seen here:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalog.shtml

On the sidelines of finishing up these new Talberts, I've managed to
make one rather weird (read- somewhat sinister) Morta Classic in a new
and different style:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/mortacatalog.shtml

Finally, most of that last posting of Ligne Bretagnes sold quick, but
there are still a few (three) left:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagnecatalog.shtml

I've recently gotten Photoshop to replace my ten year old (bought in
1997!) Paintshop Pro, for all my website graphics work. I think the
difference more than shines in these new catalog entries, especially the
most recent one, the Talbert Briar Discus. It's fun and scary how easy
it is to do elaborate text and graphic effects, and I've already
automated many of the numbing processes I used to have to go through in
order to produce catalog photos. What this means is that the catalog is
going to get better looking. In fact, the entire site continues to get
a bit of a makeover thanks to the ease of HTML editing with Kompozer,
and a lot of little annoyances are getting ironed out (link color
matching, FAQ adjustments, and more). I've modified the Ligne Bretagne
FAQ to bring it up to date, tweaked the morta creation pages, rearranged
the morta catalogs into one, moved the FAQ location, and more. The work
continues apace - a little here, a little there - and eventually I will
make my way through the entire site, even including the long-languishing
"Resources" section (last updated in 2004!). Expect some graphical
improvements here and there, too.

If anyone has wishes or complaints about the site, now is the time to
let me know! I'm happy with the improved ease-of-use of the combined
catalogs, but let me know if anything else has been hard to find,
navigate, or if the site is missing something you really really want.

It's strange - between Kompozer and Photoshop, working on the website is
actually *fun* ... after ten years of typing HTML in a text editor!
As always, thanks for your time!
http://www.talbertpipes.com

Visit my "American Pipemaker in Brittany" blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/potm.html

See my "Pipe Pic of the Day" blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/ppod.html