Talbert Pipes- Lots of new pipes!

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Sep 20 09:02:58 EDT 2007

Hello to our subscribers! I'm writing with news that I've just posted
one of the biggest site updates ever - FIVE new Talbert Briars and four
new Talbert Mortas, so I finally once again have at least some stock in
all three catalogs!

See the new Talbert Briars:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalog.shtml

See the new Talbert Mortas:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/mortacatalog.shtml

Shapes range from the classical to the very exotic, so have a look. The
Mushroom is insanely cute in real life, though I'm not real happy with
its photos. The photos are a bit different this time around - I used
the "Extract" filter feature in Photoshop to get around some of the
hurdles of color and edge lines against these white backgrounds,
especially for problematic pipes like the bamboo-shanked mortas, with
such extreme light & dark ranges. I'm not so pleased, though - the
catalog page photos took two solid days of office work to complete,
which is WAY too long to be out of the workshop, and I'm neutral on the
results. I dearly love the "Pipes floating on white background" look,
but without a studio photo setup and elaborate lighting to eliminate the
excess of Photoshop retouch work, I may have to ditch it again and
return to simple "pipes against background scenery" shots. It's really
a question of, do I spend two days fussing around in Photoshop just to
make a catalog special effect, or do I snap five or six quick shots,
stack them together, and go back to making more pipes fifteen minutes later?
Frustrating, though.

Oh - There was one extra Ligne Bretagne added also, a really exceptional
straight grain piece, but it sold before I completed the other catalog
updates. Still, have a look at it in the LB catalog if you like - the
grain is to die for.

That's it for now - Thanks for your time!
http://www.talbertpipes.com

See my pipe blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/ppod.html