Talbert Pipes- New pipes!

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Aug 30 17:06:56 EDT 2007

Hello to everyone! I'm writing with news of many new pipes on the site,
finally. For quick reference, there are...

Three new Talbert Briars:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/briarcatalog.shtml

Two new Talbert Mortas:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/mortacatalog.shtml
(I think that Classic #88 is already sold, however)

and four new Ligne Bretagnes:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagnecatalog.shtml

I came back from Rheinbach with a variety of ideas spinning in my head.
I picked up a lot of interesting new staining and finishing techniques
from the Great Danes (or rather Swedes and Germans) which I'm eager to
start working into my smooth pipes. In fact, these new smooth Talberts
and the lone smooth Ligne Bretagne were all finished this way,
delivering excellent shine and very nice stain contrast. On top of
this, I'm working on a variety of new sandblast finishes and tomorrow's
blog entry will be all about all of this experimenting. It's been a lot
of fun and I'm trying to consolidate my usual "tweak as I go" finishing
methods into some definitive step-by-steps. In the process, I'm working
on building some new ways to stain sandblasts, and I'll have some pics
up tomorrow. However, all this experimenting (I have multiple junk
stummels and discard blocks all sliced into sections, all finished
differently, with reams of detailed notes for comparison) has cut pretty
heavily into the actual pipe production of August. I should be back to
normal in September, though - hopefully with some better quality work,
to boot.

Another thing I came back from Rheinbach with was the inspiration to do
some more medium-sized, lighter weight, more elegant pipes than my usual
huge craggy monsters. This does not in any way mean that I'll be
abandoning huge craggy monster pipes, but I do think I'd like to do some
more smooths and see what sort of new shapes I can whip up that are
competitive with the European high grades in beauty and finish while
still being distinctively "Talbert". We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for your time!
http://www.talbertpipes.com

See my pipe blog here:
http://www.talbertpipes.com/ppod.html