Talbert Pipes- Small site update and other news

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Tue Jul 20 22:35:14 EDT 2010

A small update this evening - I've just posted two new Ligne Bretagnes, a sandblasted bent Prince and a smooth "pumpkin", for want of a better shape description. I don't do many of those pumpkins, as they're a lot of labor hours on a Ligne Bretagne budget, but they are one of my favorite LB shapes.

Otherwise, work continues on the first little "intro" Halloween pipe to be posted soon, and I'm about ready to start taking orders for this year's Halloween pipes. This is, I must caution, going to be very much a "Serious Buyers Only" order process, due to the sheer number of inquiries I tend to get about Halloween pipes from folks unprepared to pay their prices once the pipes are done. The theme is going to be "Classical pipes gone mad", with some very twisted and tortured versions of popular pipe shapes like billiards, bulldogs, etc. If you've ever wanted to have an insane Talbert Halloween blowfish, this is the year to get one! I don't know how many Halloween pipes there will be - I'm limited to how many I can get done between now and October, so it's unlikely to be a large number (Think around 5 to 8, total). They'll be sold by order this year, starting with folks willing to commit to a *nonrefundable* half-price downpayment to secure the shape of their preference. Most final prices will probably be in the $750 to $1600 range, so it's a bit of cash to plunk down, but this is a case where I have to be pretty serious about separating the men from the boys, because the pipes are simply too much work to make on the idle hope that they'll sell this year, particularly given the current state of the economy. There will be more info forthcoming on the website about this, but I wanted to give our notice list folks a little advance word.

The only other news is that the main site logo, and the logo on our new bags, has changed - Full story on that can be found in our latest pipe blog entry.

Thanks very much for your time!