Talbert Pipes- Five new Ligne Bretagnes and new jewelry

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri Apr 29 21:16:50 EDT 2011

Hello all! Now that I've finished setting up my silly Kentucky Fried Popcorn blog site, I'm back to fulltime pipemaking.
There are five new pipes, and new jewelry on the "Pens & Misc" page! Continuing on in the run of Ligne Bretagne Collectors I talked about in a past blog entry, I've just posted four new LB Collectors and one standard shape to the Ligne Bretagne catalog

Five more Collectors to go and I'll have exhausted that box of blocks I drilled so long ago, and we get a block of storage shelf space back, hurray! It's been a lot of fun to just pick a box of briar and work like this, though, without the usual hassles of hunting for specific blocks for specific projects. I think the pipes themselves have been of better quality and more creativity, just from the fun of it. There's another Bear Claw shape for everyone who liked the first one, and a really beautiful smooth, among others. I've listened to the votes from our customers in the blog poll I posted ten days ago (http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/2011/04/ligne-bretagne-news.html), and the message regarding Ligne Bretagne has been loud and clear - Raise prices as needed but keep the current production quality and the current quantity produced. In light of this, I've adjusted the LB pricing for standard shapes, in the first of two price changes to help soften the jump. I'll see if they continue to sell now, and go from there (The main concern to me is that it's very easy for people to vote "Maintain quality and raise prices as needed", but whether they will actually continue to buy at raised prices is another question entirely...)

Another new item for the site is the return of Emily's handmade jewelry! She's been too busy with the business accounting to spend much time doing jewelry or pen work for months now, but she's recently set aside some time to work on some new jewelry designs that can be crafted from our briar and morta stock, and which we'll be posting over coming months. The first example right now is an elegant pair of green briar & stone earrings just posted. More to come!

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/misc.shtml

As always, thank you very much for your time and for your interest in our work, and all our best wishes to anyone out there who has been afflicted by this recent rash of tornadoes across the south.