Talbert Pipes- Lots of new stuff on Talbert Pipes

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri Mar 16 17:50:02 EDT 2012

Wow, it seems like it's been a long time since our last website update! But the good thing about that is that I've got a lot of new stuff to post -

Two new Talbert Briars:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/talbert.shtml

One unsmoked estate Talbert made during our years in France:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/talbert.shtml

Four new Ligne Bretagnes:

And even a handmade morta letter opener in our Misc catalog:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/misc.shtml

A nice variety! If you follow our Pipe Blog, you've probably noticed a stream of new posts in the past two weeks, also. First, I posted a detailed photo essay on the process of making a pipe with a stem airhole offset:
http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/2012/03/making-offset-airhole-work.html

It's an odd trick that I invented in France for dealing with unusual shapes and still allowing pipecleaner passage. Also, in the past few days I've been playing around with some cartooning for our Kentucky Fried Popcorn blog and found a subject that had crossover appeal, so our Pipe Blog is now being semi-regularly updated with "A Visual Guide to the History of Pipes in Movies"... Which is pretty silly, really, but if you want a mild chuckle, you can check out the cartoons so far.

The 1930's:
http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/2012/03/visual-history-of-pipes-in-movies-pt-2.html

The 1940's:
http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/2012/03/visual-history-of-pipes-in-movies-pt-3.html

The 1950's:
http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/2012/03/visual-history-of-pipes-in-movies-pt-1.html

This spare time project bears the sad realization that it's likely to get depressing when I have to cope with the transformation of pipe smokers from heroes to villains in the 90's and especially 2000's...

So, that's all for now. Thanks very much for your time, and I hope everyone is ready for a great weekend!