Talbert Pipes- No joking - New Talbert Briars and Ligne Bretagnes!

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Mon Apr 1 17:36:35 EDT 2013

Hello all! I hope everyone's having a good time on this fine April Fool's Day, especially those of us who frequent Reddit or Netflix ("Movies featuring crossed arms on the poster"? Seriously?). No jokes from me, though - Instead, I've got new pipes posted! First up, there are two new Talbert Briars available:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/talbert.shtml

These two, which are both my own examples of essentially "playing" with the bent billiard design, are discussed and used as examples in the new Pipe Blog article I also posted today:

http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/2013/04/composing-vs-performing.html

In it, I tried to draw a comparison between doing original freehand designs versus creating renditions of classical shapes, discussed under the metaphorical hat of music. That is to say, making freehands is like composing; making classical shapes is like a live performance. It makes more sense in the article. I hope. I'm sure I'll hear back via the blog comments! :D

Also new on the site are three new Ligne Bretagnes:

These are three more renditions of those long-shanked, slightly bent Canadian-like styles I've been making lately.

That's all for now, but I hope to have another update posted in a week or so. As always, thanks very much for your time and for your interest in our work!