Talbert Pipes- New Talbert Briar Warped Poker, plus four new Ligne Bretagnes

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Apr 25 17:45:28 EDT 2013

Hello all! Finally, another update! I've been really busy this month on a multitude of projects - We've had a seriously sick cat, I did a magazine article, a magazine comic strip, a lot of computer futzing, and more. I've also been working on a few orders so the site has been pretty dead. However, I'm back with five new pipes today and at least one more update to come before month's end. Today we have four new Ligne Bretagnes:

Also, there's a new Talbert Briar, an ODA "Warped Poker" which I posted sneak preview pics of on Facebook something like two weeks ago. It's another all-natural, unstained and unfinished, with a beautiful spalted maple bowl rim:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/talbert.shtml

There are a couple of other pieces of news. One is that shoppers will now see a new Paypal "Bill Me Later" button on each catalog page under the Shopping Cart button. For fifteen years, buyers have been asking me if we could take payments on pipes, but we've always been too small a business to be able to extend credit terms. Now, finally, buyers can get interest-free payment plans of up to 6 months from Paypal - Pay what you can, when you can, with no interest applied during the six month term. But DO pay it off in full before the six months is up, or Paypal will backcharge you for the full 6 months of interest, as with most other "Nothing down, no interest"-type payment plans. It's an ideal solution for microbusinesses like ours because we get paid, the customer gets the credit terms they want, and we don't have to worry about handling the credit line or chasing down payments. It should also be a big help for anyone wanting some of the more expensive Talbert Briars.

Also, I've posted a new article to our Pipe Blog, but it's nothing about pipes! Instead, I'm veering off topic for a comprehensive review and commentary on a pair of mechanical keyboards that I worked with this month. When you do as much writing as I do, you need a pretty serious writing tool, and I jumped at the chance to compare these higher end typing machines. Which one won? Let's just say it's the classic case of the hot girl that's hard to live with, versus the plain girl who's cozy as can be.

http://talbertpipes.blogspot.com/2013/04/keyboard-wars.html

Finally, for Mac users who like to follow our updates, I suggest checking out the free app Monotony, which allows one to add RSS feeds to their popup OSX Notification Center in the top right. That's pretty much the ultimate convenience - No need to wait for an email, just watch the update notices appear by magic right along with your calendar dates and other notifications.

http://lifehacker.com/monotony-adds-rss-feeds-to-your-macs-notification-cent-476549066

That's all for today - Thanks very much for your time and for your interest in our work!