Talbert Pipes- Two new Ligne Bretagnes plus news! (We're alive!)

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri Mar 14 23:37:41 EDT 2014

Hello all! For those who don't follow the national weather, the reason we haven't posted any updates in a while is because our state was hit with an unexpected and massive ice storm last week that shut down huge sections of the state, including us. The prediction for that Thursday night was, "Sleet and freezing rain." We were awakened early Friday morning by what sounded like bombs being dropped on our neighborhood - several of which were so massive that they shook the entire house. Then the power went out. When I went outdoors to take a walk around and see what was going on, I found a solid 3" of ice accumulated overnight and trees down everywhere... There was a power line hanging broken in the road next to our house, and I had to help our neighbors drag a fallen tree to the side that was blocking off their driveway completely. It became obvious really quickly that this was not going to be a power outage that would get fixed in a couple of hours.

And that was what kicked off the next six days - All the hotels were filed up so we shifted between staying here in the freezing house under piles of blankets, and staying with family and friends. We only finally were able to come back home and resume work yesterday, after six days lost! All is well here, though - We didn't lose any trees, thankfully, and didn't suffer any damage apart from losing the contents of our fridge. However, now I definitely have a LOT of work to make up! Keep an eye on the site over the next two weeks as I will be cranking like mad to finish up a lot of previously-in-progress projects in order to get us caught up and get some income again. When you're self-employed, if you can't work, the money stops immediately, so that amounted to an enforced, unpaid week off, gack... Lots of catching up to do! For starters, there are two new Ligne Bretagnes just posted:

I need to ask all you good folks for a *little* patience over the next couple weeks, as I will be sending more email notices than our usual - As I work to try and get us caught up, I'll be posting the new pipes as fast as I make them, so expect email notices more frequently than my usual "One or two a month" until we can get caught up a little.

As always, thanks very much for your time and thanks for your interest in our work!