Talbert Pipes- EIGHT new pipes, and big shop news too!

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Wed Jul 22 19:35:51 EDT 2015

Hello all!  I hope everyone is having a great summer so far.  I write with
news of the biggest site update we've had for a while - I've just posted no
less than EIGHT new Ligne Bretagnes to the catalog, which may be some kind
of record or something.  They're a wide gamut of shapes and finishes, form
a nicely affordable (and rare) rusticated piece to a stunning grade 5
smooth bulldog and a handmade LB Collector.  You can see them all HERE:

Now, the sharp-eyed are going to notice a whole new section on that page,
up at the top - We have a new Etsy shop!  If you want to see it directly,
you can go here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LigneBretagne

I've been thinking about setting up a shop outlet on Etsy for some time.
This is not intended to replace our existing site, merely to be an
alternative place to post a few pipes now and then.  Etsy offers me a
number of advantages over my own site - automated inventory management and
removal of sold items, for one, plus access to the growing pipe shopping
market on Etsy and easier posting and access of inventory for me.  Less
time fiddling with my own site means more time can be spent making pipes.
The other BIG advantage of Etsy for me is that it is a mobile-ready
shopping platform, so all the folks who shop on their tablets and phones
now will no longer have to view our existing site via a phone browser
window.  Finally, the Etsy crafter market may be a nice place to post more
of our other works for sale, particularly my wife's jewelry work.

For now, it's a sales experiment in progress.  If Etsy brings in money, the
shop there will grow and get more pipes and other inventory.  If it
doesn't, we'll eventually shut it down and stick with what we have.  I'm
really curious to see how it does, really.  One needs to expand into new
markets to stay relevant in this business, like any other.

AND...  as a special promotional bonus to celebrate the opening of the new
Etsy shop, I'm now offering a BRIEF, very temporary coupon code to the
folks on our email list.  If you see a pipe in the ETSY shop that you like
(This doesn't apply to pipes on our own site, sorry!), enter the coupon
LBEMAILERS during check-out for a whopping **20%* discount on your
purchase!  This IS a temporary coupon code and I'll probably disable it by
this weekend, so if you see a pipe you want, don't hesitate.  I thought it
would help out a bit to make it more worthwhile to register on Etsy!

That's all the news for now.  As always, thanks very much for your support
and enthusiasm for our work, and I hope everyone is having a terrific
summer!