Talbert Pipes- New Talbert Halloween, The Ghost Ship, now posted

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri Mar 11 18:32:48 EST 2016

Hello all!  And, err, Happy Halloween?  Those of you who follow our
Instagram account have already seen some photos of this pipe's
creation, particularly of the filing and handcut shaping (inside and
out) of the Sargasso resin stem.  I've finally finished it and just
posted it to our site:

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/Halloween/1601h.shtml

Yes, I know it's not Halloween yet, but... Well, all I can say is that
last year was a pretty atrociously miserable year for us and it's been
a long time since I've really had any fun projects to work on, that
weren't crushed under the weight of, "Must get this done NOW and must
only make things that will sell INSTANTLY because we need that money
YESTERDAY!"  ... and I essentially decided enough was enough and I was
going to make nothing but some really enjoyable Talbert Briars for a
while, and this is something like the culmination of that goal - A
pipe that I had an absolute blast making.  I kept it relatively simple
and practical and affordable as Halloween pipes go, because I just
can't afford to spend weeks working on a $3,000 pipe at the moment,
but I have to say that working on it has really gotten me in the mood
to do something much more complex.

Plus, the last Talbert Halloween pipe I made was one in early 2014 and
before that, 2013, so I'm well overdue.  If nothing else, averaging
one a year should help insure their collectible rarity, though I do
hope to do more this year if circumstances and inspiration warrant.
For now, I hope everyone will enjoy the photos and story of this one,
and that it will find a happy home somewhere out there with an
appropriately sinister Sea Captain owner!

Thanks very much for your time, and I hope everyone has a great weekend!