Talbert Pipes- New website! New pipes! Plus... MORE

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Mon Apr 6 23:47:46 EDT 2020

Hello all!  I write with major news from our workshop, but first up I want
to say that I hope everyone out there is faring well through this virus
chaos and that you're all holding together despite the worries and stresses
of these days.  Like so many out there, we're suffering also from the
overall economic plunge, and it's hitting us especially hard since we're
among the few fulltime pipemakers left - Talbert Pipes isn't just side
money for us, it IS the business.  Normally I shy away from anything like
pushy sales, but this time around I'll just be straightforward and say - We
need your business.  If you see something you like, AND can afford it
without endangering your own finances in these challenging times, then
please don't hesitate.

Now, the BIG news is... New website!  The Talbert Pipes website is
completely redone, with a whole new look, mobile friendliness, tablet
friendliness, a proper web shop and shopping cart system at last, a
revamped pipe blog, integrated web comic, galleries, and even our new
Patreon account.  Voila...

https://talbertpipes.com/

Next up, there are new pipes posted!  Coolest of which is probably that
green-rimmed LB Collector.  The #1 complaint on the old site was the pipes
being split into different catalogs, so this time we've put everything
available on one page, reachable from the "Pipes" link in the top menu or
that big green "Available Pipes" button right on the front page -

http://talbertpipes.com/pipe-shop/

My 20 year old Pipe Blog is back in action as well, alongside our newly
imported "Giant Radioactive Lizards eloquently discuss Collectible Tobacco
Pipes" web comic.

Go straight to the Pipe Blog - https://talbertpipes.com/category/pipeblog/
Go straight to the web comic - https://talbertpipes.com/category/lizards/

The comment system is working too (I hope) so please leave us some
comments!  Now, for a specific post concerning how the Talbert Workshop is
taking precautions against covid-19, I've written this article explaining
what we do here, and why, to help ensure that we and our buyers all stay
safe:
https://talbertpipes.com/2020/04/the-virus-post/

Finally - Hey, we have a Patreon page now!  I'm hoping we can appeal to a
few subscribers interested in helping support more comics, more blog posts,
custom comics for subscribers, pipemaking help, live chats, explanatory
pipemaking videos, and more.  For a full post on the subject explaining the
membership subscriptions and benefits, please check out my blog post here:
https://talbertpipes.com/2020/02/what-is-patreon/

That's all for the moment.  Please be patient with us as we adapt to this
new online store and shipping system.  I'm certain there will be some bumps
and adjustments along the way but I hope this will lead to an improved
overall experience for everyone.  As always, thank you very much for your
time, your support, and your interest in our work.  And please be careful
out there!