Talbert Pipes- Halloween season

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Aug 27 23:28:48 EDT 2020

Grrreetings!  It's already Halloween season here in the Talbert workshop
again.  We're actually getting a later start than last year, but this
year's going to be a bit simpler and with more of a focus on variety and
fun.  Unlike the last 4 years or so, I'm not going to be taking orders for
October pipes this year - That just got to be too much when we ended up
with enough orders to keep making pumpkins straight on through March.  No
matter how enjoyable the work may be, it gets old when you're on the 35th
intricate carving of the same thing over again.  So, this year it's going
to be... Very random.  I'm just going to make Halloween themed pipes in all
shapes and grades and post them as I finish them and let them sell or not
as the case may be.

This year's pipes kick off with a very twisted little deviation from last
year's "Pumpkin Madness" pipes.  I was watching the movie Pumpkinhead and
reading some of the dark fantasy fiction of Manley Wade Wellman, and that
all inspired the idea of working out a pair of faces writhing their way out
of a briar bowl's surface, and I realized I could link them via our
rustication carving to create a rather creepy, leathery sort of surface
texture.  The whole thing was rendered as a churchwarden design, and can be
encountered here:
https://talbertpipes.com/product/ligne-bretagne-20h1lb/

The other seasonal pipe is something a bit less expensive, a creepy-themed
Ligne Bretagne acorn in a mixed smooth and rusticated finish.  We did one
similar to this last year but never had the time to follow through with
more of the idea, so here's the same theme applied in a nice wriggly way to
give the pipe a subtly disturbing element.  Voila:
https://talbertpipes.com/product/ligne-bretagne-2078lb/

That's all for now but look for more Halloween seasonal stuff soon... maybe
very soon...