Talbert Pipes- The 9mm Pipe Project

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Fri Jul 30 03:05:04 EDT 2021

Hello all!  It's been a while!  Those who follow our Instagram probably
know that we've been immersed in doing the Speakeasy forum's 'Pipe of the
Year' project, and that's largely kept us busy for the past two months.
But, that's about to wind up and I wanted to try an idea I'd had for a
while now, to see if there was any demand for a series of 9mm filter
pipes... Quality, high grade ones, not cheap ones.  I'd get requests for
one periodically, but like most carvers I've always been reluctant to take
those jobs because of the odds of buyers backing out and then being stuck
with a hard-to-sell filter pipe.  BUT, the "Prepaid/Made-to-order" system
worked so well for us with theSpeakeasy pipes that I thought I'd try using
the same system here - Create an original 9mm filter pipe shape and let
people order and pay for them if they like it, and then make each one to
order.  That way we can find out if there really is any serious interest in
a handmade 9mm pipe and also not have a lot of risk that we'll be wasting
working time making something that might end up sitting on the catalog and
not selling.

So, after that thinking, I went off and made a rather ridiculous and goofy
looking thing that apparently everyone on our Instagram fell in love with,
so that gave us our first 9mm offering, the "Deco".  For the full backstory
and some 'Making of' pics, check out our newest Pipe Blog post here:

https://talbertpipes.com/2021/07/the-9mm-pipe-project/

If you'd rather just go straight to see the pipes and maybe order one,
their page is posted here:

https://talbertpipes.com/product/ligne-bretagne-collector-the-9mm-deco/

I've limited orders to 6 for now, so we won't get buried assuming there's
any interest.  If the first six sell out, we'll keep orders closed till we
finish and ship them, then open for more orders if there's further demand.
I'm going to be REALLY curious to see if these are popular or not.  I've
been smoking the first one for a few weeks now and it's become a favorite,
but then I like 9mm charcoal filter pipes already.  Maybe I can make a few
converts, and at worst if the project goes "Thunk" then we won't have
wasted a lot of working time.

I hope everyone out there is having a good summer and staying cool in the
heat, and oh my heavens my heart goes out to all our friends in the Pacific
Northwest who've had this crazy heat wave.  Hoping for better days ahead!
Thank you all for your patience in reading all this, and thank you as
always for your interest in our work!