Talbert Pipes- New Talbert Mortas, new Ligne Bretagnes, and more

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Thu Apr 7 18:28:25 EDT 2022

Hello, fine people!  I hope everyone is out there having a nice Spring.
It's been beautiful here, with 65-70 degree weather and sunshine, though
I've spent most of it in the workshop covered in morta dust.  Emily is in
her yearly multi-week sabbatical to do our taxes so it's just me in the
shop at the moment, which is why things have been quieter lately.  But, I
do have some new stuff posted now along with the big news that we are
making mortas again!  We've been doing a lot of inventory sorting and
clearing out of a lot of old stems and such, and one thing I found myself
looking at were our last couple boxes of Breton morta.  I've had it since
France and it's the last Breton morta left in the world for pipemaking so
I've been hoarding it, but I figured I might as well start finishing it
out.  The result will be a succession of new mortas hitting the site this
year, many in larger sizes than we've sold before because I've been hanging
onto the bigger blocks forever.  The first three are posted now, though one
has already sold before I even started this email announcement :O

https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/a-talbert-briar/

If they look distinctly goblin-esque, it's because it's been far too long
since I did any freehands.

There are also three new Ligne Bretagnes available, two of which are
Canadians from a run of Canadians that I started last week.  One is even a
sandblast, which we haven't done that often since our rustication finishes
became so popular.  I do miss blasting though, and Canadians make a nice
showcase for it with those long briar shanks.  You can see them here:

https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/bretagne/

We've also added a new shape (a Raven's Wing Prince) to our Made-to-Order
pipe selection (or is it three?  Did I announce the new Fat Dwarf options
before?).  It's worth mentioning that the Fat Dwarf shapes are the only
pipes we also offer in 9mm versions - If you buy one, just add a note on
your order that you'd like it in 9mm.

https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/c-order-a-pipe/

And finally, for the hobbyist carvers out there, we've added some new mixed
packs of stems to our Supplies page.  We've also sold out the first style -
Pre-turned pre-bent P-lips are all gone now, so they're gone from the
page.  As other shapes sell out they'll get removed too, so if there's
something you want, grab it before it's gone.  I want this shelf space back
so I've been actively promoting these stems sales everywhere, and we're
throwing in lots of extras in every order.

https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/supplies/

That's all for now!  As always, thanks very much for your support and your
interest in our work!