Talbert Pipes- Photo news and new LBs

Trever Talbert trever at talbertpipes.com
Wed Feb 1 19:08:03 EST 2023

Hello everybody!  Sorry it's been a while since any updates, but we've been
tied up doing Made-to-Order work and dealing with the very unexpected
addition of two rescue cats to our household.  Meet Archie and Jupiter:

[image: PXL_20230128_065423414.jpg]

In workshop news, we did manage to finish up a couple of new Ligne
Bretagnes, a Prince and a Long Long Billiard, in the new Vintage finish we
came up with late last year - a rustication technique that produces a look
similar to a very worn, very smooth-from-handling sandblast.  Both pipes
are currently posted and available on our catalog page here:

https://talbertpipes.com/product-category/bretagne/

I normally wouldn't send out a notice just for two pipes but I also wanted
to call attention to the new catalog photography.  On top of everything
else, I'm also finally unpacking and setting up my office/study after our
house move, and that's set off a hundred smaller projects since multiple
workstations need to be created in the space.  A permanent pipe photography
location is one, so I've been working with new setups for the catalog
photos.  After much experimentation, we're going ahead with a new black
background look.  I've shied away from this before because dark pipes and
stems tend to disappear, but I think(hope) I have the reflective lighting
set up well enough now that this can work.  So, these two new pipes were
both photographed this way and I figured they would make a nice test run to
see if people liked the look, or if everyone totally rebelled and wanted us
to go back to the brown backgrounds.

[image: undefined - Imgur (2).jpg]

That's all the news of the moment, but look for some more new stuff
semi-soon - We'll be caught up on Made-to-Orders again shortly and I've got
a Halloween pumpkin commission in the works, but we'll be trying out a
number of finishes and shapes with the new photography also.  As always,
thanks very much for your time and your interest in our work!