[WASTE-list] Japanese

Adam Ernst adam1234 at athenet.net
Sun Nov 13 20:45:23 EST 2005

I just tried out the WASTE 3.0 demo. It works great, but I noticed
that inserting Japanese characters (from the Character Palette) just
causes boxes to appear. It's definitely a font issue; switching to a
Japanese font causes it to work just fine.

Could WASTE do automatic font substitution? That would bring it on
par with TextEdit, etc. (The interesting--and hard--thing is that
TextEdit automatically switches -back- to your previous Roman font
when you're done typing Japanese/Korean/whatever and return to Latin
characters.)

Also, this is the most minor thing, but could the cursor be one pixel
wide and solid black, instead of two and gray? It looks a bit blurry
to my sight.

Adam Ernst
cosmicsoft