[WASTE-list] Problem with WESetDefaultTabWidth

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Wed Jan 11 12:54:52 EST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:12:00 -0600,
Chinh Nguyen (cnguyen at stata.com) wrote:

>I'm having a problem with WESetDefaultTabWidth().

Make sure you pass a Fixed value to WESetDefaultTabWidth(), i.e.,
if you want to have a default a tab every, say, 24 pixels from
the left margin, you need to use something like:

WESetDefaultTabWidth(24 << 16, myWE);

>I needed WASTE to work on Mac/Intel (but couldn't wait for WASTE 3)

Why wait? WASTE 3.0 is already being used in a number of
products. If you're interested in licensing it for use in
your universal binary application, please contact me privately.

>Everything appeared to work just fine until I noticed that

>tabs don't work on neither my PPC or Intel box. I went back to my

>Codewarrior compiled app linked with libWASTE.a and tabs work just

>fine.

Hmm... have you #defined WASTE_BUILTIN_TABS to 1 in your
prefix file? WASTEIntf.h will #define it to 0 unless it
finds it already #defined.

>I'm guessing the source I downloaded isn't the most recent but I

>purchased the license only a couple of months ago and I'm sure the

>library that ships with Codewarrior is much older than that.

I don't know. The latest publicly available version of WASTE 2.x
dates back to August 2002, so I'm pretty sure you must have the
latest version. Of course, the 2.x series is no longer maintained
nor supported. For future development, you should consider
switching to version 3.0.

Best regards,

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely