[WASTE-list] Problem building waste w/ XCode

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Wed Mar 29 03:30:58 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:18:08 -0500,
Kurt Spaker (kspaker at asar.com) wrote:

>Hello,

>I'm trying to build waste 2.x with XCode. I'll use waste 3 for the next

major

>revision of my software, but must get the current version built as a

>universal binary first.

>I'm new to XCode; I've managed to get a Powerplant library built so far,

>that's about it. When I try to build waste, I get:

>/WEBirthDeath.c:590: error: 'kRawText' was not declared in this scope

>and several others like it. These constants are declared in AERegistry.h,

>which is included from WASTEIntf.h. Not sure why the compiler doesn't like

>it. I assume there' must be something wrong with my build configuration.

Those constants were renamed in Tiger by adding a "TSMHilite"
prefix right after the initial "k":

kRawText --> kTSMHiliteRawText
kSelectedRawText --> kTSMHiliteSelectedRawText
etc.

The old constants are still available if you #define OLDROUTINENAMES to 1,
but I recommend correcting your copy of WASTE 2.x instead.

Hope this helps,

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely