[WASTE-list] Wrapping text around objects

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Thu May 4 13:17:02 EDT 2006

[reference to <http://www.merzwaren.com/waste/listarchive1998/26380.html>]

>did anything ever come of this?

No, sorry, nothing that I'm aware of.

>I can't see anything in the v3 headers that looks promising.

>I'd find it very useful to be able to flow text over non-rectangular

>regions - even if it were just an L-shaped region.

This should be easier to implement in WASTE 3.0 than it ever could be
in version 2.x, since layout operations are well confined in their
own class, which is relatively independent of the model, view and
controller classes. However, so far it hasn't been done -- WASTE 3.0,
in its current incarnation, keeps assuming a fixed-width destination
rectangle. I'll take this as a feature request for a future version.

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely