[WASTE-list] New Menu does not get menu commands

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Tue Sep 5 13:10:21 EDT 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 07:33:05 -0500,
Nancy A. Lee (Nancy.Lee at rrd.com) wrote:

>I am using the Waste library to create a text editing window on top of

>Acrobat 7. I can create a new window and have my own customized menu bar

>display correctly (similar to the menu bar used in the WASTE demo). The

>problem that I am running into is that for some reason I do not get the

>menu commands (i.e. Command -Close 'clos', Command-Save 'save') - instead

>the main application (Acrobat) is still receiving the events.

>Does anyone know what I have to do so that my handler receives the

>commands?

Your question would likely get a better answer if you posted it
to the Carbon mailing list, but I'll try anyway, by asking you
more questions in turn. :)

What are you installing your kEventClassCommand event handlers on?
Do your handlers ever get called? If so, what status code are you
returning from your handlers?

If your handlers aren't getting called at all, I guess Acrobat
may be stacking its own handlers on top of yours, on either the
application target or a window target, and intercepting 'clos'
and 'save'. If that's the case, you could try installing your
handlers directly on the menu event target.

Just my two eurocents,

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely