[WASTE-list] Multiple objects per page

andreasb at vmlabs.de andreasb at vmlabs.de
Tue Sep 19 03:23:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

in my application I'm using multiple WASTE text objects on one page, meaning I do not have one object filling the entire window as done in a standard text editor. This works all fine on-screen.

When it comes to printing the page I'm currently using the "wePort" selector to force the port of the objects to the graph port returned by the printing manager. This kind of works (at least if the printer resolution is equal to the screen resolution), but I'm still feeling that this is a hack and that there should be a better way of doing this. In addition I'd like to get away from the QuickDraw drawing and rather use the print managers CGContext.

Is there currently a more elegant way of printing multiple text object on one page and if yes, how is it done correctly?

Thanks a lot

Best regards
Andreas